Sunday, March 13, 2011

More Progress

We were supposed to be elsewhere, and I had planned laying more track on Lofty Ambitions, but the dog wasn't well, so we couldn't go anywhere. I took advantage of the time to do some of this:


yep, I decided to spend some time running trains; my 60' MT trailer-cars and a singel Atlas 60' box car follow a lone GP35 through Bedford Cut.

I also decide to work on the town, and this case it meant laying out some locations for structures, and modifying one to make it fit how I wanted it to:

I shaved off the window trim, and removed a few details to make the two structures sit together, sharing a common wall.

Planning the plots:

You can see how many townhouses will be here; these are all modified Model Power kits with some of the obvious "European" features removed. Mostly this involved flattening the roof, and making chages to the doors. You'll see some better shots below.
Townhouse Row

The townhouses will fill both sides of the street, representing a more, or perhaps formerly, well-to-do area.
You can see some of the modifcations I made; there were originally two doors with very overly ornate trim, so I cleaned one up (the round-top entry door gives it a certain character), and on most replaced the second door with a spare window, simulating a super's office or apartment. All have at least floors, and may get more interior detailing as I move along.

The other end of town:

The rows of townhouses on both sides of the road, complete with a modified sidewalk corner; I must have a dozen corner castings, but they are ALL the same, and only half of the direction I need. The section on the bottom right will become an abandoned lot.
 An updated overhead of the town:


As you can see I've made a couple of minor changes, and some progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment