Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Where does time go?

I've been spending the time doing more of a chore than enjoyment, i.e. wiring, lately. But while doing so have made some pretty good strides in operational ability on the layout.

One of the thoughts that has floated in my head was converting the layout to run ONLY DCC. This would mean taking advantage of a few newer arrivals in the control front, such as a frog juicer for the power routing in the turnouts, which consequently does not support DC. I could always keep on looking, and trying other new arrivals, but as slow as progress has been, I worry I may never get there...

But having fun too; while doing running on just DCC, i managed to get a fairly good line-up of power in the staging yard:



Line up of DCC equipped locomotives; from left to right: Atlas GE Dash 8-40C, Atlas EMD SD50, Kato MPI MP36PH, Atlas EMD MP15, Atlas EMD GP9, and Atlas EMD SD9.I've probably got about twice this number again decoder equipped, so may go the DCC only route on this layout soon, if I can convert a few more GP and SD units easily...

Here is a shot with the flash, so you can what's what:




Tomorrow we may do more running. And a bit more tidying...

No comments:

Post a Comment