Friday, July 29, 2011

A large step up from plastic kits

Two of Seven; It Begins...

I've collected seven of the Downtown Deco kits over a few years, and finally decided to start building. The hardest part was thinking about starting, and once I got on with it the construction is actually quite easy. If I'll say the same when I get to painting and details is another matter, and the BBQ Shack has a very interesting roof to be built.



Blair Avenue Part 2 and the Trackside Tavern

I've built the two Blair Avenue buildings, and three walls of the Trackside Tavern, mostly to see if I could do it and try methods. So far ACC does not seem the way to go. I'll have to try the epoxy method next...



Back View of Blair Avenue Part 2

I'll make a slight change from the "given" arrangement and place the storage shed behind the structure instead of alongside of it.



BBQ Shack under construction

A view of the partially completed BBQ Shack; you can see the other half of the problem. Both sides should have the "ridge" detail, not just one.



There is a slight problem with the kit; the two side walls of the BBQ Shack are the same, making the construction a bit of a challenge, but not impossible. This side will be out of view on this layout, so no big deal...


Once the glue sets solidly I'll press on, but definitely not doing more without getting some epoxy...

No comments:

Post a Comment