Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Little More Block Progress

In addition to cleaning up the train room, I managed to make more progress on the town, and finalized some of the features I was contemplating.

Some Base Added


I glued down some more foam and glued the bases for the row of townhouses together for better alignment. Also changed a few off the Downtown Deco structure locations. Compare the layout to the previous posted "version":


I might use the wall and guard's shack in a slightly different location, kind of around the corner from where it is in this photo.

A Little Closer


I decided to use the existing sidewalks as a guide, and probably at least as far as "Blair Avenue, part 2". The Trackside Tavern comes with a base, but I found it too thick to consider, and unles I can sand it down a LOT, I may have to improvise.

A longer Look Down Main Street


A slightly longer look down the street. The stop sign and dude against the wall are just props. Might go with either theme in greater detail.

A Look Down Townhouse Row


Seven of the eleven strcutures are kitbashed, and able to occupy their spaces. The other four are just needing doing, though the doorway modifications take the most time, followed by interior walls and floors. Using the cardboard makes it go a bit easier than plastic, and pre-mounted LEDs might even mean I get them lighted this century.

Sitting at the dinner table two things come to mind (and I am surprised no one else picked up on one of them): I don't have a church, and a town like this would have a movie theater.  I found this one at a "friendly on line merchant"

Photo from http://www.coalregionrails.com

Anyone think it would look out of place in my city? Now to locate a reasonable church for my flock...

No comments:

Post a Comment